For those of you who have visited Chores and Chatter previously, you realize adoption is close to my heart. Caring for orphans is a way we show God’s love to those around us, and adoption is one way to do that. However, we have many opportunities to love the fatherless beyond adoption.
I have become aware of a project to bless Door of Hope, an orphanage in the Philippines through sponsorship and Christmas packages. I hope I can use my little blog to help spread the word and bless some children! Would you prayerfully consider how you are able to participate in this project with me? Keep reading to find the details!
Blogging for Orphans is a group of bloggers, who are uniting together online to make a difference in the lives of children… orphaned children.
Door of Hope Palawan is the orphanage for this campaign and we would love to introduce you to some of the sweet children who call this place home.
Blogging for Orphans has set out to accomplish 2 goals in this campaign for Door of Hope and we need your help to do it!
52 Filled Bags for Christmas in July
It is our goal to help in the Christmas in July program, where every July people fill 2-gallon plastic bags for each child in the care of Door of Hope. This year there are 52 children to bless (24 for boys and 28 for girls), at the Door of Hope Palawan. It is our goal to help fill these bags, so each child can have something to call their own on Christmas. The bags are shipped from the host church in upstate New York on a ship for the cheapest shipping, which takes 3 full months. Now is the time to make their Christmas special!
Here are two ways you can help meet this need:
- Fill Your Own Bag for An Orphan – Once you have registered for blessing a child’s Christmas, print Door of Hope Christmas in July Shopping List, shop and fill a 2-gallon plastic bag or use 2 – 1 gallon plastic bags for each orphan you registered for and ship it to New York. (Address will be provided once you have registered)
- Let Us Fill Your Bag for You – If you have limited time and want to avoid shipping, while providing a Christmas bag to a child, you can donate $25 and the bag will be filled for you. You need to register to let us know the gender and age of the child you want to bless this upcoming Christmas. After you have registered for a child, please donate on the Door of Hope website for this need, which is below the registration form.
Please register and donate by July 15th and have all bags shipped to New York no later than the 18th of July.
52 Children Sponsored for a Year
It costs $300 a year to provide food and education to each of the children, who call Door of Hope home. Blogging for Orphans would love to help meet this need but we need your help!
Here are three ways that you can help us make a difference in these orphaned children’s lives:
- Raise $300 to Sponsor a Child for a Year – As a family, you can work together to raise $300 to sponsor a child for a full year, in your family’s name. We have created a promotional form that can be emailed or printed that will help you share with family, friends, church members and neighbors about this life-changing campaign for Door of Hope Palawan. Every donation helps and nothing is too small to make a difference! You may want to have a yard sale, bake sale, lemonade stand or talent show that can help you raise the money to sponsor a child for a year. With a donation of $100, a child’s expenses are covered for 4 months and $200 covers these expenses for 8 months, while the $300 covers their expenses for a full year!
- Sponsor a Child for $25 a Month – That is all it cost a month to feed and educate one child in the care of Door of Hope Palawan, which is less than $1 a day. Our goal for Blogging for Orphans is to see all 52 of the children, who call Door of Hope their home, to be sponsored by the end of this campaign. Won’t you make a difference in an orphaned child’s life and sponsor one now? To do so, please donate on the Door of Hope website with the $25 a month option.
- Donate $25 in Chores and Chatter’s Name – Each of the bloggers involved with Blogging for Orphans would love to help by sponsoring a child’s expenses for a year. With 12 of my readers donating $25, the readers of Chores and Chatter will have the joy of sponsoring an orphaned child.
Want to do more for Door of Hope Palawan? They have many needs and are sharing them with those who have a heart to help where they can.
We would love to see photos of all the wonderful things that your family is doing to help the children of Door of Hope Palawan. If you are on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and would like to share your photos of packing your bags, raising money for sponsoring a child or anything that pertains to how you are uniting with us to meet these needs, please use and follow the hashtag #blogging4orphans on all of those social media networks!
On behalf of the bloggers that make up Blogging for Orphans, I would like to thank you for taking time to learn how you can ‘unite with us online and make a difference in the lives of orphaned children’ in Palawan, Philippians. We invite you to share our post on your social media networks to help us spread the word of the needs at Door of Hope.
The bloggers of Blogging for Orphans | Door of Hope Palawan Campaign:
Dollie of Teachers of Good Things
Cassondra of Beyond the Cover Blog
Lisa of Organize 365
Vicki of the Vicki-Arnold Blog
Aurie of Our Good Family
Ticia of Adventures in Mommydom
Sarah of Chores and Chatter
Tabitha of Meet Penny
Trisha of Intoxicated on Life